Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MacLoggerDX & CocoaModem - IC-9100 & MacBook Air => A GREAT Combination!

So I'm now "playing" with 2 pretty neat applications for my MacBook Air...

MacLoggerDX and cocoaModem

Mac Logger DX does what you think it does - it does logging.  You know what else it does?  It interfaces DIRECTLY to my IC-9100 through the USB cable using the native "serial" interface provided by the transceiver :)  That makes me VERY happy!  Oh, it also has the 9100 CAT command set built in, which means it knows how to address and read the data from the transceiver without ANY effort on my part.  Lazy, Impatience, and Hubris - 3 of my favorite traits...

cocoaModem does the "other" thing that I use a computer to do with a transceiver - PSK31 :)  Oh, and guess what - IT ALSO found the IC-9100 sound card and uses the MacLoggerDX for keying (PTT)!  That's right, between both of those programs, I don't need a single 3rd party piece of hardware or software - they just work together...

Now, I just need to figure out how to use them efficiently and I'll be good to go!

73 de KJ4WLH

No comments:

Post a Comment